First and foremost, SEMPER will not share nonpublic information about you with third parties without your express consent, except as detailed in this policy. We consider any information not normally obtainable from public sources (i.e. telephone listings, municipal listings, or consumer marketing list providers) to be nonpublic. From time to time, we may communicate to you special offers for products or services we believe may be of interest to you through third parties. However, SEMPER will not provide these third parties with any nonpublic information without your consent.
How We Gather Information
As part of providing you with financial products or services, we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, employment information, income, and credit references;
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your creditworthiness;
- Public sources.
This information may include real estate records and telephone numbers.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
From time to time, we may be required to disclose nonpublic information about you to third parties without your consent, as permitted by law, such as:
- to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities;
- to consumer reporting agencies;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business;
- to protect against fraud.
In conjunction with your application for a loan, we will provide information about you to our service providers. These service providers may include lenders, investors, attorneys, appraisers, billing service providers, mail and telephone service companies, insurers, loan settlement service providers, property inspection companies and other professionals. We do not provide nonpublic information about you to any service provider for the purpose of marketing products and services unless you authorize us to do so. These service providers are not allowed to use any information about you obtained in the normal course of business operations beyond your specific authorization.
Sharing Information Within SEMPER
SEMPER prides itself on its security and information accuracy procedures. We restrict access to the nonpublic information of our customers to only those employees who need access in the course of their job responsibilities. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect customer information.